Contraception and Sexual Health Services (CaSH)
The Trust's Contraception and Sexual Health (CaSH) Services work together to provide people with a full range of sexual health services. Including contraception choices, sexually transmitted infection screening and treatment.
We provide a free, confidential, high quality service by staff specifically trained in this speciality, you can attend a Contraception Clinic without the need for referral.
Our aim to provide you with the best method of contraception that is right for you. Please click the image to the right for a downloadable version of our contraception clinics leafletWhen visiting one of our Contraception Clinics
We have a Central Booking Line number 01772 401140 open Monday to Friday 9.00am -5.00pm. Please call this number to make an appointment at a time and location convenient to you.
Some of our clinics offer walk-in service however this is limited therefore we encourage people to make an appointment.
Please note all procedures such as implant, coil (IUD/IUS) fitting or removal and cervical screening (smear tests) will require an appointment.
Our Contraception Clinics are open to anyone; of any age irrespective of sexual orientation. We also have specific Contraception Clinic for the under 25’s (see our location finder)
CaSH Services include advice, counselling and individualised assessment for:
The following contraceptive methods are available
- Pregnancy testing: Advice and counselling for unplanned pregnancies (including termination of pregnancy)
- Preconception advice
- Advice and referral for male vasectomy
- Advice on safer sex and sexually transmitted infections
- Routine Chlamydia screening for under 25-year-olds
- Cervical cytology (smear tests for 25 year olds and over)
- General advice on gynaecological and holistic sexual health
- Signposting to relevant specialised services
- Long Acting Reversible Contraception (LARC)
- Hormonal Methods
- Condoms and other Barrier Methods
- Emergency Contraception